Saturday 25 September 2010

oh, the dilemmas...




I just couldn't wait until Tuesday to show this week's outfit pick. I'm going to see my bestest friend this weekend and due to having £90 of sales this weekend (schwing!) I've decided I'm allowed a new outfit for when we hit Camberley next Friday night. But I have a few dilemmas...

I've admired these turban hair wraps for quite a while now but I worry that I'm too much of a mere mortal to pull one off. A quick trawl through lookbook has only confirmed my fears that only the lythe and long haired beauties in this world can probably wear them, but this £8 ASOS one is making me kind of want to go for it anyway? It's more like a wide knitted headband than a turban so it would definitely keep my ears warm from pub to pub. However, I do love these jersey turbans that all the uberchic fashionistas seem to swarm over. Perhaps it's a little more like a jersey headband, which is quite normal, and not ubercool as first thought, and thus perhaps actually more wearable than the ASOS one?

I would love to know your thoughts though?

This dress is Dorothy Perkins and I've been after a cream dress for a while; I've got a dirty brown leather biker jacket that is just crying out to toughen up something girly like this, and I would also do it with grey ribbed tights and brogues. I'm clicking buy as I type...


I think I've shown these M&S Limited Collection shoeboots before, but in grey. I can't afford both pairs, so might do a DIY for the black ones with some boots I already have and some gold studs. I do have *too many shoes*. But they are beautiful! The traumas of my life! The bag is by Max C London and it is my one staple clutch; I absolutely love it. I saw some girl with it in a pub about 18 months ago, and she claimed she'd bought it in Thailand. When I got home that night, I scoured the internet and it turned up on my first port of call; ASOS. Thailand, I think not! Why are some girls such bitches when someone compliments them on something they're wearing? I'd chat the ear off anyone who wanted to know where my things came from!



The Coney Island hairclip is from our new Crown&Glory Luxe collection, which consists of one of a kind items. You are guaranteed to be the only owner of this particular design. In fact, if this outfit does take place (and let's face it, this blog has just been me talking myself into it, hasn't it?) I might make a similar clip but with gold Swarovski's to offset the buckles of the shoes. I'd clip it onto the brim of the turban to add some interest to the black. Remember, if there are any of our clips that you'd like as a brooch, don't hesitate to ask!

Well, after all that hard work blogging I definitely think I deserve the outfit. I think we can call that a done deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...