Tuesday 17 August 2010

What We Would Wear Tuesday; A/W Special


Like every other blogger in the universe at the moment, I'm getting pretty darn hyped about the A/W10 stuff that have started hitting the shops recently. But, as someone on extremely limited means (ie, unemployed) at the moment, it's also a bitter-sweet time as I know I can only drool over the lookbooks for the moment. And, although the weather has decided otherwise, it is definitely still Summer (until mid-September!) and so it's sometimes hard to find a transition; of course, we all want to look uber-in tune with the coming season, but having only owned S/S stuff for five minutes, it would be decidedly unethical to dump it all so quickly!

So I'm attempting to show you here how you can transition your summer staples and accessories for A/W. I've paired some gorgeous studded hardware (ubiquitous for A/W) with the Khaki/neutrals we saw so readily in summer (which, again, carries on very much through to next Spring) and girlies it all up with a beautiful corn-flower blue Orlaith headband from the new Peaseblossom Collection here at Crown&Glory. I've also included a pair of shearling lined boots; but instead of buying a new pair, I'll be jazzing up my biker boots from last A/W and lining them myself. The finishing touch is the gorgeous Rapunzel necklace by C&G favourites Wallpaper Rose, which adds a touch of 'Baroque n Roll' with its' beautiful Sapphire blue Swarovski heart-shaped pendent; the goldtone metals of the substantial chain and charm matches the studs from the belt and bag quite nicely (and wouldn't it be nice to own a studded 'Wang?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...