Sunday 7 November 2010

Diamonds and Guns...

I apologise in advance for the crappyness of these images. I don't know what is wrong with my camera but it appears to be giving up on me; after four years of loyal service I suppose it's about time! I'm going to have to curb my spending for a while to save up for a new one, which should be pretty easy as I learned the other day I've got an 8-week paid internship! The position is for a company that supply sources of renewable energy, and I am going to be the Head of Marketing; designing all advertisements around the products, writing press releases, being let loose on the website...I'm quite looking forward to it! It's going to be quite a challenge as the products are not something I'm particularly learned about, and I'll have to adopt an entirely new design style to grab the target audience, but it'll keep me busy at least! The position is 8 weeks long with the chance of more if it goes well. I'm looking forward to it, and hope Crown and Glory doesn't suffer as a result. I'll have to get into the habit of scheduling posts!



Anyway, I digress; the point of today's post is the showcase our new Diamonds and Guns Bobby Pin Set. The set is a little different from our usual whimsical, floral route, but I don't think variety is a bad thing! I like to mix-up my style a little, and am always wary of looking overtly 'girly'; for example, I wear my floral headpieces with denim shirts and studded shoes, lace with tough leather and chiffon with studs.



This bobby pin set is a definite testimony to the fact that I only make pieces from Crown and Glory that I'd wear myself; since creating these in the week, I haven't taken them off! I think they work particularly well with a soft, feminine, curly up-do! I'm hoping to get another shoot done while I'm in Newport this coming weekend so hopefully will be able to illustrate that point!



The set comprises of four secure, silvertone bobby pins that are topped with two silvertone pyramid studs and two multi-faceted Swarovski crystals. Four aren't enough to pin up my thick hair so I use six; let me know if you think you'd be the same and I'll sort out a set of six for you!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, these are utterly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely, so versatile as well, I bet they look awesome in any hair colour :)
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! I'm with you: I like to mess up my girlie-girl clothes with some studs :)

    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...