Monday 6 May 2013

Blog Every Day in May - My Bank Holiday

I decided it might be a nice idea to accept the lovely Elizabeth at Rosalilium's challenge to Blog Every Day in May! You can check out the whole shebang here. Today's topic is 'Bank Holiday'

One of my favourite things to do with a day off and the sun is shining is to take our bike's down the Camel Trail, one of Britain's best cycle and bridal paths from Bodmin to Padstow.

So much so, in fact, that we've completed the 32 mile round trip twice in two weekends; the first, a race to the finish to earn ourselves fish and chips and beer with my brother, and the second a more leisurely pace with my favourite little person Lucy and her mum, my sister in law Beth.

We earnt ourselves a gluttonous weekend of ice creams in Padstow and cream teas in Polperro. I love having people down to stay as often we take for granted our beautiful surroundings and it gives us the opportunity to view what lies on our doorstep with fresh eyes.

With our visitors sadly on their way back to Wales, my Monday evening will be spent finishing up a sewing project in the garden and when it gets too chilly, getting out my summer wardrobe; like shopping but for free! It's nice to take pleasure in the mundane in life sometimes.

Were you able to make the most of the beautiful sunshine this long weekend?

 

 Crown and Glory Twitter Crown and Glory Pinterest Crown and Glory Instagram Crown and Glory Facebook

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...