Saturday 19 March 2011

Get the Look; Headscarves


After what seems like an eternity, spring is finally here! To rejoice, I've been sneakily filling the house with vases of daffodills...at 5 bunches for £3 from the greengrocers by my work, I just can't resist picking up another bundle when I skip home for my lunch!

I've just uploaded four new vintage silk scarves to the shop; perfect for Spring's temperamental temperatures. Tied like a turban (simply knot and twist) to catch wind-swept tresses, tucked round your neck to keep out the early morning chill, or even tied through your belt loops to add a splash of colour to your outfit, I'm sure you'll agree our vintage silk scarves are some of our more versatile items. At only £4 each, not only are they over half the price of the high-street versions, but they're also one-of-a-kind finds; doesn't every girl like to own the exclusive?

Here's how one of my favourite bloggers rocks a vintage headscarf:


The gorgeous Kavita from iheartvintagex thinks of vintage silk headscarves as her "trademark" and with outfit like this, it's easy to see why. Relaxed, masculine shapes in the clothes really accentuate the whimsical nature of a vintage silk scarf tied effortlessly in your hair.



To get Kavita's look, why not pair our one of a kind Navajo print silk scarf with coffee-coloured chinos (New Look), leather brogues (Dorothy Perkins) and an oversized burnout tee (Topshop). These turquoise jewels (Jwlry by LlyMlrs) add the finishing touch; they really pop against the muted tones, don't you agree?

2 comments:

  1. Aww I love Kavita's blog! Aaand am pining after all things Navajo atm so if I do end up buying one I know which it'll be! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this look. Sami xx
    highstreethub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...