Saturday, 22 January 2011
Recipe: Strawberry and White Chocolate Cookies
12 oz self raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp salt
6 oz butter
6 oz soft brown sugar
6 oz caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp strawberry flavouring
small packet strawberry flakes
1 oz of dried cranberries
12 oz chopped white chocolate
- Mix together the flour, bicarb and salt. In another bowl, cream together the butter, sugars and eggs with the flavourings. Leave chocolate and fruit until the end.
- When that is creamed, add the flour mix and stir into a stiff dough.
- At this point a little milk might need to be added to loosen it slightly, but you want the dough to be really stiff.
- Add the fruit and chocolate pieces and mix well
- Turn it out onto a piece of greaseproof paper. Roll into a long sausage 2 in in diameter. Chill in the fridge for as long as possible (minimum of an hour)
- Then slice into medallions. To produce 6 inch size cookies (big ones!), slice the sausage into half inch slices. If you want smaller cookies, make the slices thinner because it spreads like nobodies business.
- Place slices onto greaseproof paper, spaced well apart.
- Bake at 190 degrees centigrade in a preheated oven for 10-13 minutes depending upon preference.
- Remove from baking trays and allow to cool for as long as your will power lasts.
Served warm with raspberry ripple ice cream, yum!
Recipe by my Pops.