Saturday 28 August 2010

Review; Flonightingale Jewellery


Photobucket

Flo Nightingale Jewellery first came to my attention via a wonderful little sales/swapping site we both use (hi TSUK'ers!) and is created by the wonderful Emma. Selling jewellery is a relatively new venture to her, but she has been making and creating for a long time. Her mission statement is to create "simple, affordable things that look pretty and hopefully will put a smile on somebody's face." The collection is centered around lace, shrink plastic and charms, with a huge vintage influence. Pretties!




For me, the standouts of the collection are the brooches. Carefully sourced charms and pendents are attached to thick, high quality felt or untreated wood and silvertone brooch attachments. Gorgeous!

When my parcel arrived in the mail yesterday, it certainly put a smile on my face. My brooch was lovingly gift-wrapped with tissue and organza (note to self; buy ribbon!), which is a lovely touch, and an important one with Christmas looming ever closer.

Photobucket

I chose the Sewing Machine Brooch, and it is just a lovely as the picture suggested. The intricately detailed sewing machine sits atop a thick, red felt heart, and is attached with a secure brooch attachment. I've paired it here with a chunky knit, but it's already been attached to my denim and leather jackets. Versatile, well made, and incredibly affordable (at a mere £3.50!), I look forward to seeing what Emma comes up with next.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

FloNightingale Jewellery can be found on facebook, folksy and writes a blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sophie - thank you so much for the wonderful review! My headband arrived yesterday, so sorry I haven't reviewed it yet but you are top of my list for tomorrow - I am so thrilled with it, as well as the items that arrived before i went away. Too much gorgeousness! Hope you had a great BH weekend x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...